Inc Hotels Group
THE INCERTI GROUP
The Incerti Group was born at the turn of the century developing from a famous tavern in the province of Parma, today is the most important fact in the field of tourist business in Parma, Reggio Emilia and Piacenza.
The Family leads the company since more than 90 years and today
Caterina and Francesco Incerti are the fifth generation at work.
The Group has always pursued a dynamic and cutting-edge hospitality, with concern and respect for the environment by cutting down pollution and consumption in their hotels and taking care about the client’s well being by sanitizing the rooms and common spaces with special equipment.
The Incerti Group is a stand point in this area of business due to the large investments made in innovation and hospitality in Parma, Reggio Emilia and their provinces.
INC Hotels Group controls 583 rooms, 19 residence apartments,
1,200 bed places restaurants up to 1000 seats and conference rooms for a total capacity of 1,300 people.
New acquisitions are under investigation as the Company is in an evolving perspective.
The Family does not stop to an entrepreneurial activity but aims to promote the people, the products and the lifestyle of the region the so called ‘Food Valley’.
The Incerti Group 100 years in a page.
- In 1908 the story of the Incerti Group begins in a tavern near a tram stop, a crossway for travelers and customers who worked with the large factories of the area that were processing tomatoes.
- The Group developed also due to a wise intuition of Emio Incerti Senior that in 1943 introduced the son Socrate into the hotel business.
- In 1944 Socrate started his career first as an employer and later as the director of the Hotel Ristorante Milano in Parma: 47 rooms with an esteemed restaurant.
- He stayed at the Hotel Milano till 1948 (stopping just for a short period due to the Second World War bombing of the area in April 1944).
- From 1948 to 1957 he managed the first catering in Parma at the ballroom Ariston.
- In 1957 Socrate came back to the Hotel Milano as Partner and Director.
- In 1958 Emio Incerti was born, son of Socrate and Maria, the current President of the Group.
- The 21st of February 1962 with the wife Maria Buratti, Socrate became owner of the Hotel Milano.
- In 1968 Maria Giovanna was born, daughter of Socrate and Maria, current Supplies Manager of the Group.
- In 1978 Emio married Graziella Grossi, since 1988 she was first Administrative Manager of the Group and then Quality Manager of the Group.
- In 1978 Caterina was born, daughter of Emio and Graziella, after some experiences in the economic and financial field today she is the Human Resources Manager of the Group.
- In 1978 started the project of the Apartments Campus one of the first Hotel Residences in Parma.
- In 1982 Francesco was born, son of Emio and Graziella, after some working experiences in Italy and abroad today he is the Marketing and Sales Manager of the Group.
- In 1988 the Farnese International Hotel Parma was opened: 76 rooms, a restaurant and conference rooms, in 2001 it became a Best Western.
- In 1993 Maria Giovanna married Giovanni Tesauro who after several experiences as Director that brought him international awards today is the Supervisor Project Manager of all the structures of the Group.
- From 1995 to 1999 were born Filippo, Giulia and Tommaso children of Maria Giovanna and Gianni, the next generation of the Group.
- In 1998 the Incerti Group acquired the Hotel Forum of Sant’ Ilario: 54 rooms, a restaurant and a conference room.
- In 2004 it was the turn of the Holiday Inn Express Parma the first big international hotel brand in Parma: 70 rooms, a conference room and a restaurant.
- In 2004 it was created the INC Hotels Group the cluster that brings together all the Family Incerti activities.
- In 2005 the Group acquired the Residence Palazzo Toscani 19 apartments in Parma.
- In 2008 Hotel San Marco became part of the INC Hotels Group: 112 rooms, 8 conference rooms and the renewed restaurant ‘ l’Incontro’.
- In 2008 Best Western Hotel Farnese Parma became a four star hotel.
- In 2009 Holiday Inn Express Parma has been rewarded with the Quality Excellence EMEA Hotel Awards, a recognition of the chain IHG (Intercontinental Hotels Group) for the best hotels in Europe, Africa and Middle East.
- In 2011 was opened the Holiday Inn Express Reggio Emilia, the first Holiday Inn Express of 3rd generation in Italy, with 104 rooms, a conference room up to 50 people and a restaurant, near both the highway exit and Reggio Emilia downtown.
- In 2013 Best Western Classic Hotel of Reggio Emilia became part of the Group: 91 rooms, a restaurant and a Congress Centre for about 1000 seats.
- In September 2015 Grande Albergo Roma in Piacenza became part of the INC Hotels Group, a prestigious hotel in Piacenza downtown: 72 rooms and 4 suites, a restaurant on the 7th floor with terrace and panoramic view overlooking the whole town.